Tourist’s house

The facade of the complex known as the Tourist’s House, thus called because for a long period it hosted the offices for tourist activities

The facade of the complex known as the Tourist’s House, thus called because for a long period it hosted the offices for tourist activities, has evident signs of the restoration interventions that in the course of the centuries have altered its original structure. In particular, a detail, that is the cross carved into the keystone in the pointed arch, suggests that originally the building had been a porticoed dock built by the Templars which the historian Moricini, in the 16th century, mentions in one of his memories. Later it was passed on to the knights of Malta after the abrogation of the order in 1310.  Some excavations of the site have revealed that the building still has Roman vestiges, although partially damaged by restoration works carried out over the centuries.

Viale Regina Margherita
Brindisi 72100 Puglia IT
Get directions