The Pious Schools and the Court of Artisans

The complex of the Pious Schools was based, in the late 17th century, on the pre-existing structure of St. Michael of the Celestines and it was enlarged thanks to the purchase of adjacent buildings and the addition to the church of four side-chapels, with a dome and polychrome tiles.

The complex of the Pious Schools was based, in the late 17th century, on the pre-existing structure of St. Michael of the Celestines and it was enlarged thanks to the purchase of adjacent buildings and the addition to the church of four side-chapels, with a dome and polychrome tiles. The Piarist fathers, arrived in Brindisi at the behest of the Archbishop Francesco de Estrada, started here their activity of primary and secondary education in 1664, and among their students they listed Annibale De Leo, Benedetto Marzolla and Teodoro Monticelli; In the course of the 18th century, St. Pompilio Maria Pirrotti spent his life here.

Rate and write a review

Your email address will not be published.

Via Giovanni Tarantini 37a
Brindisi 72100 Puglia IT
Get directions