Piazza Santa Teresa houses buildings of remarkable historical and artistic interest. One of them is St. Theresa’s Church, erected in Baroque style at the end of the 17th century, today site of the Diocesan Museum “Giovanni Tarantini”. Here the treasures on display include the silver Ark where the relics of St. Theodore of Amasea were preserved until 1899. The adjacent monastery has been the site of the State Archives since 1990. The State archive is the record keeper of the documents created by the various state administrations operating in the province. There is also a historical Archive of the Municipality of Brindisi with its notarial protocols, land registers and those of suppressed religious bodies, all documents of remarkable interest.