Seminary Palace

The construction of the seminary building was desired and financed by Msgr. Paolo Vilana Perlas (1715-1733) whose coat of arms is allocated on the façade, between the two balcony windows and in the south-west corner of the building.

The construction of the seminary building was desired and financed by Msgr. Paolo Vilana Perlas (1715-1733) whose coat of arms is allocated on the façade, between the two balcony windows and in the south-west corner of the building. The works began in 1720 under the direction of the architect and sculptor Mauro Manieri di Nardo who also realized the eight stone statues of Carovigno depicting the subjects studied by the seminarians (Mathematics, eloquence, ethics, theology, philosophy, jurisprudence, poetic harmony ). After the earthquake of 1743, given the considerable damage suffered by the building, the same reconstruction was entrusted to Manieri himself.

Today the building houses the main directing functions of the Diocese.

Piazza Duomo 12
Brindisi 72100 Puglia IT
Get directions