The imposing building, in Late-Renaissance style, was built by the Granafei family around the year 1565. Following the invasion of Constantinople by Mohammed II, the family moved to Brindisi for the incentives granted by Ferdinand of Aragon aimed at the repopulation of the town. The centre of the building is a Durazzesque-Catalan portal whose magnificence is a clear indicator of the family’s affluence and social prestige. Inside the building, a Domus of Imperial age can be clearly seen, and in the adjacent complex, previously home to the Assizes Court, some pieces of the port column are preserved. The capital provides evidence of the link between the town and the sea with a clear reference to the divinities who protected navigators from the risks connected to navigation.